7.15.2008

Bountiful breakfast

In continuing my ode to fresh summer berries, I must post this incredible and simple breakfast from last weekend. These Lifestream wildberry buckwheat waffles are my favorite GF variety because they have a really crispy exterior but a velvety inside that melts in your mouth (with tons of berry bits inside). I had them with peach yogurt, my alternative to butter for pancakes and waffles, and piles of fresh summer fruits. It was truly indulgent, the kind of meal that is best on a leisurely morning when you can really savor each bite. In contrast, during the week I often eat these babies plain and slightly frozen as I walk to the subway. I definitely do not recommend that method! So here's to the weekend, even when it seems so far off, for there are little indulgences awaiting.

No comments: