7.25.2008

Animal crackers in my soup...

I'm guessing most people don't know the rest of that Shirley Temple song, it's one my little sister used to sing when she was about four years old and had a peanut belly. We had a VHS of Curly Top that we'd play over and over, fast forwarding to the dancing scenes. My sister was perfectly suited to the roll.

I was inspired by these delicious little cookies, Animal Crackers!, which I thought I'd never be able to eat again! Hurrah for Mi-Del and their gluten-free line of delicious little snacks. I do intend to start posting my own concoctions just as soon as I'm home and settled in from my trip, but in the meantime, I think it's important to share my latest GF product discoveries.

Dunking these crispy, sweet, vanilla cookies into a cold glass of milk is just the kind of Friday afternoon comfort food I need to get through the home stretch at work. They have a great *crunch* and are thinner than traditional animal crackers, but are just as satisfying and delicious. They do have eggs and milk, which is fine for me, and don't contain garbanzo (chickpea) flour, which really upsets my stomach, so they're practically perfect in every way....wrong musical. On a rainy afternoon, I highly recommend kicking back with a tall glass of milk and a bag of these goodies.

No comments: