11.13.2008

Dictionary lessons

Definitions
  • School pride: rooting for a team that can't win a rigged homecoming football game to save itself; also, diligently draining your bank account monthly to finance the prized education while working strange campus jobs to buy your books.
  • Financial Aid: A tear-jerking, nightmare of the past seven years.
  • Payoff Amount: The total amount required for the loan account to be paid-in-full.
  • Elation: The knowledge that I have now fully paid for my undergraduate education!
That's right, as of 9:00 am tomorrow, I will have ZERO remaining financial obligation to the Federal government for my education! This freedom will last all of about eight months, before I am thrown into potentially gallons of debt for graduate school, but I will savor this now, in the midst of the recession. This feels so good, I may have to celebrate (in a totally budget way!) Hello Salvation Armani!

1 comment:

Nora said...

YES!!!! Congrats. I am so pleased and proud for you.